2Pcs 4″-6″ Fire Rated Door Hinges Self Closing Adjustable Spring Hinge Single Action Stainless Steel Polished
- 2Pcs Hinges: A pair of ratchet adjustable spring hinges which allow for the door to self close – ideal for a wide of residential and domestic uses.
- Adjustable: Fully adjustable tension with a Pin. The adjustable hinge allows for quick fine tuning of the tension with a key and is recommended for use on internal doors only.
- Load capacity up to 40 kg(88.18 lbs): Perfect for use on fire doors and heavy internal doors weighing up to 40kg(88.18 lbs).
- Comes with screws: Equipped with screws for easy installation. (4 inches with 8 screws/5 inches with 10 screws./6 inches with 10 screws)
- Main functions: 90° positioning, damping buffer, automatic door closing, adjustable speed.
- Thickened Material–Durable, the product is made of thickened material, good corrosion resistance.
- Arbitary Adjustment–The closing speed can be adjusted arbitrarily, and the variable speed can be adjusted arbitrarily according to the needs of different stages to meet the needs.
- Flexible Mute–Sealed axis for a quiet environment.
First time installing a self closing hinge and it was fairly simple. The build is very sturdy and all the hardware is included. It was slightly thicker that the current hinge on the door, but it ended up fitting well. If your current fitment is tight, you might have to sand or shave some wood off the inside of your frame. Aside from that, works like a charm!
Lucy S Stone –
Frustrated the heck out of our dog. She can no longer paw open the pantry door to retrieve a yummy ??
The single hinge arrived quickly and undamaged for a reasonable price. I am using this ‘3 screw hinge’ to keep a bathroom door ‘mostly’ closed. With the right amount of adjustment, the door will stop just short of the latch. If anyone goes inside, they can close and lock the door. But when they come out, the door gently swings to the closed position and prevents me from having to stare at an open toilet. Over all, this product exceeded my expectations. I would recommend this for anybody who needs an adjustable tension door hinge.
Elijah Smith –
Installed two of these on my laundry room door. Before the laundry room door would always settle in the open position. Now the door automatically closes. I intentionally set it up to just close the door, not latch, so my cat can get out. I have the hinge springs set at the lowest setting. I cannot say if these would actually have enough force to latch the door shut. It meets my needs. Highly recommend. Note that you cannot remove the inner pin like a regular hinge. You have to install these spring hinges with the door held in place.
Ordered 4 because I thought it was a hinge replacement. Turned out it was a simple add-on and only needed one. Wife is happy now that her cat does not escape when wind blows the door open.
I live on the ground floor of an apartment complex and I feel much safer leaving my windows open having those there. I will probably keep them on all my windows for year-round security purposes not just when I open my windows for fresh air. They are easy to use and I guess if you ever lose the key to them, which each one comes with their own key you can always use a large hex key.